Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sweet Fun


I wanted to be sure to share with you the other cards I had ready for the stamp camp this past weekend.

The pinwheel card while simple looking was deceptively heavy in number of steps. Each pinwheel is a different color and each image used the SAMJ so it was more time consuming than I meant it to be. But they all turned out very cute. I used Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Tangerine Tango and Poppy Parade for the pinwheels and Lucky Limeade for the sticks. Two score lines finished off the cards and dressed them up just a bit.

This sweet card was more about reminding people to use their tools. I think too often we get bogged down in the color choices or picking the right image that we forget we have a drawer full of punches at our disposal. This one used the ribbon punch and the pennant punch. The colors I opted for are Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler, black and white. And do you see that fab ribbon? Scalloped and dotted CHERRY COBBLER! It's so danged cute with the new polka dotted In Color brads. It might be tough to see in the picture too but the swirl lollipop is actually embossed. I stamped in Versamark and used the Cherry Cobbler EP.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll have a few more posts in the next few days for you to share what I've been doing the last few weeks.

No comments: