Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pink Sugar

I've mentioned my fundraiser before and my passion for doing it grows every day. I love when I come across items that are economical but still presentable as a very nice gift. These are the pink peppermint sugar scrubs I made for the fundraiser. The jars were less than $8 for a dozen, the ribbon a few cents worth from my stash and the buttons too.

Sugar Scrub Recipe
3 C sugar
A little shy of 1 C vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract added to the oil
1 drop red food coloring added to the oil
Stir the oil to break up the dye drop
Pour oil mixture into sugar and stir.

I love this in the shower. The sent is refreshing but not clingy and you are very soft afterwards. I really like to use it after I've been in the garden to scrub away all the dirt.

No comments: