Friday, May 20, 2011

It's in the Bag





Got my craft on a TON last month. I had this great plan to sew a few things, glue a few flower pins together and make some cupcakes and then have an open house to raise money for my Avon Walk for Breast Cancer participation. It started small and become huge and wonderful. May 1 I opened the doors just before noon and chatted and hugged and collected and sold my way to over $1000!

I'd like to share a few pictures of some totes I made that weren't snatched up. I made 18 and only have 5 left! If you'd like to "purchase" one for $25 leave me a note in the comments section. All money collected goes towards my fundraising. In fact if you'd like, you can donate directly on my participation page and I'll mail out the tote to you.

These are large, all cotton, hand made totes. They are sized so that both straps will remain on your shoulder but still allow you to put your hands inside or fill it easily. They are strong enough for shopping, farmer's market trips or taking to the beach but I wouldn't recommend loading them with books or items over 30 pounds. They are washable.

You can also see my repurposed Freecycle finds in the pictures LOL. My spray painted mailbox that holds garden tools (and spiders, ewwww) and my ship's bell that helps announce dinner in the summer.

No comments: